- Downhill Skis
- Downhill Boots
- Downhill Bindings
- Cross Country Skis
- Cross Country Ski Boots
- Indoor Furniture
- Outdoor Furniture
Winter Sports Sales – Full Time
Working at Chalet
At Chalet, we believe our employees are the most valuable asset in our business. The Company invests a large amount of resources into training and development which helps our people become happier and more successful on the job. The local owners encourage dialogue and communication and place a high value on the ideas and suggestions which come from an experienced staff.
Winter Sports Sales – Full Time
At Chalet, we don’t just sell the equipment – we sell the experience, the excitement, and the lifestyle of winter sports.
If you have a passion for the outdoors and love downhill and cross country skiing or snowshoeing, this might be the position you’ve been looking for. You don’t need to be an expert skier to work at Chalet. We provide a comprehensive training program than includes product clinics, custom boot fitting, shop practices and equipment testing – all designed to give you the tools and experience you need to be successful. You’ll enjoy the camaraderie and friendships that develop when working with a dynamic group of ski shop professionals and our loyal customers.
- Engage with customers coming into the store in a friendly and respectful manner to gain information and determine their needs.
- Assist customers in the selection of products and services which are the best match their skiing style, skill level and terrain they enjoy.
- Answer incoming phone calls and assist customers looking for information.
- Enter sales transactions into point of sale computer systems and complete payment process with customers.
- Help maintain sales floor displays and restock merchandise as needed.
- Help process incoming merchandise and follow tagging price guidelines.
- Take in ski equipment for repairs, explain options and recommend appropriate services.
- Attend all product information and procedural training clinics.
- Help with overall store organization and house keeping
- Attend product testing demos, when available
- Some downhill skiing experience
- Prior sales or customer service experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Weekday and weekend availability
- Willingness to learn and attend training clinics
- Sincere interest in working closely with consumers and gaining their trust
- Willingness to help out with ski department maintenance, merchandising, display and inventory restocking
- Must be able to work as a team player and develop good working relationships with co-workers and managers
- Must be comfortable with basic computer functions and technology
- Must be mobile on the sales floor and be able stand for extended periods of time
- Must have ability to multitask and work quickly and efficiently during busy times
- Must be available 35 – 42 hours per week
- Must be available at least one weekend day every week
- Must be available to work at least three 8 hour shifts per week
- $14 - $16 per hour plus commission and bonus
- Total earning potential $18 - $25 per hour
- Standard benefit package including health insurance, sick pay, and vacation pay.
- Company supported HSA program
- Generous employee discount programs
- Growth potential within the company and the ski industry
- Paid training time
How to apply
Fill out job application on line and upload to Chalet website or
- Fill out our application online.
- Fill our PDF application, complete all questions and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Print our application and drop off at the store
Address : 5252 Verona Road, Madison, WI 53711
If you’d like more information about this position, please call the store and speak to :
Tony Millonig – Store Owner
Office : 608-204-7032
John Hamstra – Store Manager
Store : 608-273-8263